Who doesn’t want to be fit? Every person dreams of having a muscular and a good personality. But to achieve that, you need to be very hardworking and stick to daily exercise. You have to practice several upper body workouts and lower body workouts for this. For increasing your muscle strength, a wide range of training is present for every muscle group. As for the legs, you can find out a dozen leg workouts to help you achieve your fitness goal.
Below are some of the best leg work out:
Best leg workout
It is one of the standard exercises for your lower body. It is called best because it doesn’t need any equipment. However, you can do squats with barbells and dumbbells for better results if you have an idea and experience working out. Squats work on the lower body musculature (counting on glutes) and have been shown to spike muscle-building hormone release.
This is also called “king of the exercise” as it focuses on significant muscles group and is easy to do a leg workout. Let’s check out the steps involved in squats:
- You need to stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Bend a little frontward, hinging at the hips, and charge your upper body upright.
- Retain your weight on your heels and balance your feet into the ground.
- Try to lower your body as if you were going to sit on a chair. (note: keep a check that your knees do not extend past your toes).
- Stay for a minute when you get to a squatted position and then return to a standing position.
- You need to repeat the squat exercise 20 times a day or in one go.
- There are oodles of things to try before you need to practice at a slow pace and then practice and increase your count.
- Once you’ve mastered the basic squat, you can go for a jump squat -in which you need to jump into the air from the squat position instead of merely standing upright.
Squats can also be performed using a bar. With a bar, the squats are in 2 variation-
- High bar squats
- Low bar squats
These two exercises are suggested only for the experienced one. To be precise, it is not for the newbie. Mostly, trained bodybuilders practice the bar squats. In the High bar exercise, the bar is rested on top of the traps, which hits the leg muscle evenly. Whereas the powerlifters prefer low bar squats, the bars instead sit further down atop the rare delts.
It’s one of the best leg workouts, which targets most of the parts of the legs. The exercise has numerous variations like
- Forward lunge
- Reverse lunge
- Side lunge
All of them have a fair amount of impact. Furthermore, you can choose which one you want to practice according to your convenience.
Here are the steps involved in performing a Lunge:
- You have to stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Then step frontward with your right leg.
- Lower your body till your left knee touches the floor, and your right thigh is making 360 degrees, which means parallel with the floor.
- Maintain your upper body upright — so that your torso should be in alignment with the back leg. This positioning of your upper body will affect whether you are typically engaging your legs or your glutes.
- Make sure that your right knee does not extend your right toe. If you cannot lunge low enough without your right knee extending past your right toe, then try to take a more massive step forward.
- If sufficient space is there for walking lunges, then step forward with your left leg and repeat the lunging action.
- If you don’t have sufficient space, return to a standing position and then step onward with your left leg.
- Recurrence of the lunge exercise 10 – 20 times per leg.
- To make it more impactful, try the reverse lunge, in which you step backward in its place of forward, or the side lunge, in which you lunge to the side with the same above process.
Remember to balance your body and avoid swaying the upper portion of the body. Carefully press your glutes and quads to get back to the initial position. Furthermore, you can level up your training session using dumbbells once you get comfortable with the lunge.
Deadlifts are unique Leg workouts that benefit your whole body, specifically for the posterior chain, including the hamstrings and glutes. Moreover, there is a quad activation in the movement, mainly observed in the sumo deadlift. Furthermore, as it uses a tremendous amount of weight, it will undoubtedly strengthen many body areas. The amount of muscle mass that engages in the movement is high, which can incur an excellent hormonal response.
- Attain a straight position in front of the barbell with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Let your toes slightly pivoted out.
- Try your back straight and slightly sit back into your hips. Your upper part of the body should be lightly elevated upwards.
- Next, you need to bend forward to grip the barbell with one palm facing down and another facing upward.
- The next step is to drop back onto the hips and weight your feet towards the ground.
- Push your hips forward to being in the standing position with your legs straight and your shoulders pulled back.
- Keep a check on your back. It should be flat. Slowly get back to the starting position.
In this exercise, you need to execute the move accurately and make sure that you interlock your glutes and thighs instead of your backs.
Other exercises which you can perform to leg workouts are
- Olympic lifts: Snatch and Power Clean.
- Front squats
- Bulgarian Split Squat
- Hack Squat
- Dumbbell Lunge
- Leg press
- Romanian deadlift
- Machine squat
Exercise is one of the most immeasurable ways to gift yourself a perfect body shape by strengthening it. The leg workouts are beneficial not only for leg muscles but also for the whole body.
That’s all we have with the next leg workouts. We hope the given information was helpful. For more Health and Fitness updates, Stay Tuned!